SSPC’s vision is to transform 1.77 million people into passionate followers of Jesus!
Our Mission is to lead others into a passionate relationship with Jesus Christ by Loving God, Loving Others, Serving Others and Growing Deeper in our faith.
Loving God - We believe at St. Stephen Presbyterian that God wants us to not just be in a relationship with Jesus Christ, but be in a passionate relationship with Him. God, the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit desire a living and loving intimate relationship with you and me.
Therefore we believe God has a purpose and plan for our lives, at every stage in our life. We desire to help everyone on life’s journey to connect with God through His love for us. Jesus says, “For God so loved the world that He sent His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16) When we connect with God through Jesus Christ, we experience His eternal, everlasting, wonderful love and forgiveness. And when we experience this love, we in turn love God. We read in 1 John 4:19, “We love because He first loved us.”
From this, we are given the Great Commandment: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Mark 12:30-31; Matthew 22:37-39)
We desire to help everyone to love God and love others. There are many ways for us to learn to love God and love others.
One of the most important ways is worshiping God with other believers. In worship, we humble ourselves before a holy, loving God and give Him the praise and glory due Him. We also grow in our love relationship with the Lord as we read and study His Word and learn how much He truly loves us and desires us to be in an intimate relationship with Him.
As we come to Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit fills us and gives us His fruit, which is “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.” (Galatians 5:23-24). Love is the heart of the Christian faith and as we love God with our all, through worship, reading His Word and in other ways, the Holy Spirit fills us and gives us the grace to love others.
Loving Others - Along with loving God, we want to help facilitate ways for everyone to connect with others and develop genuine relationships. As we love God, there is a longing to love others, because God’s love is now in us.
We desire to offer opportunities to develop genuine relationships both in our worship services, our Life Groups, and our outreaches.
Just as we need God and His love, so those outside the church need to experience God’s love. One of the greatest ways for others to know God and His love is by our loving one another in Christ. We continue loving others by showing God’s love for them through acts of service, acts of kindness and through sharing this truth: that God loves them and sent Jesus to die for their sins so that they can receive forgiveness and come to know God and His eternal love! (See John 13:34-35; 15:12-17; 1 John 4:7-21).
Serving Others - As we continue to grow in our love for God and love for others, we desire to serve God by serving others. Serving others on Sunday mornings with all the ministries taking place is part of our responsibilities and joy. But we also serve others outside the church facilities by serving the poor, the needy, the helpless, our neighbors, our co-workers and others we come in contact with.
Serving others flows out of our love relationship with Jesus.
We desire to help everyone discover their spiritual gifts, which God has given us to be able to serve effectively and purposefully in the church family. In addition, we will offer seminars, Bible studies and other opportunities to learn how to serve and bless others with the love of God.
Growing in Our Faith - As we help lead people into a passionate relationship with Jesus, we will be offering opportunities to continue to grow deeper in our faith. We desire to help everyone grow in our spiritual walk with God and grow in relationships with others. This is what Jesus commanded us to do in what is known as The Great Commandment:
Jesus says, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:19-20). Throughout the Word of God, especially in the New Testament, we are encouraged to grow deeper in God and to grow stronger in our faith and in relationships.
We offer many opportunities to serve and grow in our gifts on Sunday mornings. We also are developing a new, more focused Discipleship plan to help us grow in all areas of our lives, not just in our spiritual life. But we believe one of the best ways to grow in our faith is to be actively a part of a Life Group and participate in a Bible Study and other seminars.
So, our mission is to lead others into a passionate relationship with Jesus Christ by loving God, loving others, serving others and growing in our faith.
Being a part of St. Stephen Presbyterian Church will allow us to engage in our relationship with the Lord, connect with others, engage in ministry and grow in your faith.
Our Core Values & Code:
1. We will be unapologetic about the Word of God and its life-giving power and authority. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2:15; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Joshua 1:8)
2. We will do anything short of sin to reach the lost with the Good News and love of Jesus, locally and globally.
(Isaiah 58:6-9; 61, Prov. 19:17, Matt. 25:35-36, Matt. 28:18-20: 16:18, Luke 10:1-9, Acts 1:8)
3. We will be fanatical about discipling, mentoring and equipping children and adults. (Matthew 28:18-20; Joshua 1:8; II Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Corinthians 12; Ephesians 4:11-15; John 10:10; 15:1-5; Colossians 1:28: 3:1-17, Ephesians 4:11-13, 1 Peter 1:13-16, 2 Peter 3:18, James 1:2-4, 1 Timothy 6:11-12; 2 Timothy 2:2)
4. We will do everything in our power to connect those we reach with a church family and ministry where they will physically, emotionally, and spiritually grow and thrive.
(John 17, Psalm 133, Ephesians 1:9-10; 2:14-18)
Authentic, Unchained Worship & Prayer
5. We will be unchained from anything that will keep us for wholeheartedly worshiping God in all styles of worship.
(Revelation 4:11; Psalms 100; 138; 145-150; John 4:24; Romans 12:1-2; I Thessalonians 5:16-18; Ephesians 3:20; 6:10-18; Matthew 21:13, John 14:12-14, Philippians 4:4-7)
6. We will give our lives to one another in small groups growing spiritually, caring, belonging and being a light to our neighbors. (Acts 2:42-47; 20:20-21; 1 Corinthians 12:12-31)
7. We will strive to be taken advantage of as we give with irrational generosity. (Malachi 3:8-12; Luke 6:38; Deuteronomy 15:10; Psalm 37:26; 112:5; Proverbs 11:25; 22:9; 2 Corinthians 9:6-12; Matthew 5:13-16; 25:34-40; Luke 10:25-37)
8. We will strive to live by faith, dream God-size dreams and do the impossible as a church and as individuals.
(Hebrews 11:6; 10:38; Matthew 17:20; 21:21; John 14:12; Psalm 145; Jeremiah 32:17-20; Romans 1:17; 1 Corinthians 2:4-5;
2 Corinthians 5:7; Ephesians 3:20-21)
9. We will be ringleaders of joy and have copious amounts of fun as we do 1 – 8.